Ebook Central

Welcome to the Ebook Central Forum. You are invited to help us improve LibCentral by posting, commenting and voting on ideas. ​

All we require is your name and a professional (work) email address then you are ready to submit, review and vote. Our Ebook Central Forum is open for all Ebook Central users.​

Tips:

• For customer support or to report a bug, please visit support.proquest.com
  • An idea can be deleted if you’ve submitted it and no one has voted or commented on it.​

We will read every post, although we may not be able to respond to every idea or comment submitted. This information will provide our development team with valuable input on priorities for Ebook Central improvements.​

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ipv6

Please support IPv6 IP addressing

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Access Permissions & System Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show Price to Patron

Currently if "show price to patron" option is activate, the users can see prices for all access models. I want to request only the price of SUPO can be shown.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Administration and User Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Text customize in multiple languages

Currently we can put only one type of customized text for each field. We need a functionality to put text by every language so that the appropriate customized text would be displayed if any languages are selected.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DDA and Profiling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to vary settings on DDA Profiles (e.g. STL on some profiles, straight to purchase on others) aka "Differentiated DDA"

The option to have different settings for different profiles e.g. by purchase type, by subject etc.

The ability to select lists of titles to be Autopurchased automatically when enabled for DDA.

aka ("Differentiated DDA")

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DDA and Profiling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. MARC by Holding Type

We want to receive MARC records broken out by Holding Types: Owned, Subscribed (by Collection), and DDA.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MARC  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback on this potential enhancement. We are currently reviewing this request, and gathering additional information. In the meantime, please continue to provide more feedback and we welcome your votes! We will keep the status updated of the project update here. We appreciate your engagement.

6. Account Creation Requirements

Require patrons use a root email address selected by the institution (example: @[institution].edu), and verify the legitimacy of that address before creating account (patrons receive email with link to complete the setup process).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Access Permissions & System Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Expand available popular management/D&I books available to government libraries

Our customers are increasingly requesting electronic access to popular management (e.g., http://thetelosinstitute.com/library/) and diversity and inclusion (e.g., https://www.businessinsider.com/12-books-diversity-in-2020-every-leader-should-know-about-2020-1) books. Currently, our government library is unable to access many titles like these, but I understand that non-government libraries have access to a larger number of titles, due to publisher/EBC license agreements.

We would like to be able to provide access to these kinds of titles through EBC. Our alternative is to add another platform like Overdrive, which makes it difficult for our customers to find eBooks between different platforms.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Acquisition Catalog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. To add the print ISBN to Ebook Central

To be able to find the title's alternative formats and editions If we search by the print ISBN or ISBN.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Acquisition Catalog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add print pdf button to Profile in LibCentral

Profiles are managed by only a few staff -- myself and 2 others. Profiles are changed at least yearly in our institution. I would like to be able to provide a current copy of a librarian's profile(s) so that they can review them and tell me what changes they would like. A pdf print button would be nice to enable this action and would provide a nice clean copy.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Administration and User Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. When I run a title match I want it to tell me the titles that don't match as well as those that do,

At the moment I have to undertake manual work to find the titles that didn't match. This takes a considerable amount of time, so would like the non-matching titles to be identified

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Acquisition Catalog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make full PDF download available

This may have been suggested already. Please make ebooks available in full PDF download. I like to listen to my textbooks with a pdf reader, however I can't because I can only download a certain number of pages.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Access Permissions & System Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Admin control to set the default citation style

I would like to be able to set the default citation style in ebook central as an admin.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Administration and User Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add more subjects

Add the following subject headings under ''Browse Subjects'': Sports; Sports and Recreation

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Include order information in MARC records

We would like to request an option to include our order data in the MARC records supplied from Ebook Central purchases (currently available from Oasis). This will enable us to generate order records attached to our bibs when loading to our lms.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MARC  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make EDI ordering and invoicing available on EBook Central

EDI ordering and invoicing is a key workflow process and making this possible via EBook Central would improve workflows and processes hugely.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ordering and Invoicing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Can ProQuest develop Okta as an SSO option for Ebook Central?

Can ProQuest develop Okta as an SSO option for Ebook Central?

Additional Questions:

Has ProQuest worked with any schools or organizations to use Okta for SSO?

If Okta SSO for Ebook Central can be developed, will it also work to sign students into their "My Research" accounts when they are using the other ProQuest research databases?

If an SSO solution is implemented for off campus and BYOD students, can "on campus" users still get ProQuest access by IP authentication?

What steps would be involved in implementing SSO with ProQuest?

Tim Baker
    National Defense University Library

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Additional turnaways information requested

With auto-upgrades, if an eBook is only available as a 1-user license and is in use please could it be reported as a turnaway if someone else tries to access it. Not everyone will fill in the mediated title request so I don't think we are getting a true picture of how often people can't access 1-user titles and we have quite a lot of these. It would also help make COUNTER reporting of turnaways more accurate I would guess? Thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Truncation for full text searches

Righthad truncation wildcard * does not work for the full text search (search within the ebook). Researches need this functionality with in the content!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ordering and Invoicing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base