Ebook Central

Welcome to the Ebook Central Forum. You are invited to help us improve LibCentral by posting, commenting and voting on ideas. ​

All we require is your name and a professional (work) email address then you are ready to submit, review and vote. Our Ebook Central Forum is open for all Ebook Central users.​

Tips:

• For customer support or to report a bug, please visit support.proquest.com
  • An idea can be deleted if you’ve submitted it and no one has voted or commented on it.​

We will read every post, although we may not be able to respond to every idea or comment submitted. This information will provide our development team with valuable input on priorities for Ebook Central improvements.​

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Keeping the search string in the search box until done, with a 'clear search' option

Keep the wording of a search in the search box for ease of editing and reminding oneself of the search. Also suggest a 'Clear search' button for when done.

Alternatively, make the 'Edit search' option bigger, clearer and easier to find. It took me a while to even notice it was there, I had to keep typing out my searches again and again.

Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Export of Librarian Comments

It would be great to be able to export the Librarian comments in an CSV file. It would help librarians to analyse the comments and to communicate to stakeholders, for e.g. why DDA titles got rejected.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DDA and Profiling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Chapter level linking in EBC

In light of recent updates to Primo regarding chapter level indexing. We would like to pursue the ability to link to the chapter level. Since a user can drill down to the chapter level in Primo, when they link out to the ebook in Ebook Central, they are taken to the book level and are then forced to locate their specific chapter again. We feel that this is a step backwards. Especially for the same company. Please consider this linking enhancement for a better user experience.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Can ProQuest develop Okta as an SSO option for Ebook Central?

Can ProQuest develop Okta as an SSO option for Ebook Central?

Additional Questions:

Has ProQuest worked with any schools or organizations to use Okta for SSO?

If Okta SSO for Ebook Central can be developed, will it also work to sign students into their "My Research" accounts when they are using the other ProQuest research databases?

If an SSO solution is implemented for off campus and BYOD students, can "on campus" users still get ProQuest access by IP authentication?

What steps would be involved in implementing SSO with ProQuest?

Tim Baker
    National Defense University Library

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Access Permissions & System Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Additional turnaways information requested

With auto-upgrades, if an eBook is only available as a 1-user license and is in use please could it be reported as a turnaway if someone else tries to access it. Not everyone will fill in the mediated title request so I don't think we are getting a true picture of how often people can't access 1-user titles and we have quite a lot of these. It would also help make COUNTER reporting of turnaways more accurate I would guess? Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Truncation for full text searches

Righthad truncation wildcard * does not work for the full text search (search within the ebook). Researches need this functionality with in the content!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ordering and Invoicing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Covers at the book carousel of the patron by selection

Librarians should be able to choose the books displayed at the book carousel of the landing page (recently viewed/featured titles).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Title Report delivery

Libcentral's Title Report can only be delivered by email, even if it's a tiny report with ten or a dozen lines. It would be nice if a download option were provided, as with the Usage Report.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion. We are currently reviewing this request and gathering additional details about this feature.

In the meantime, please continue to provide more feedback and we welcome your votes!

10. Exclude Previously Held Titles from MARC Add Files

We want the option to exclude already owned or subscribed titles which are currently included in MARC Add Files.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  MARC  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback on this potential enhancement. We are currently reviewing this request, and gathering additional information. In the meantime, please continue to provide more feedback and we welcome your votes! We will keep the status updated of the project update here. Happy voting, all!

11. MARC by Holding Type

We want to receive MARC records broken out by Holding Types: Owned, Subscribed (by Collection), and DDA.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MARC  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback on this potential enhancement. We are currently reviewing this request, and gathering additional information. In the meantime, please continue to provide more feedback and we welcome your votes! We will keep the status updated of the project update here. We appreciate your engagement.

12. Reconciling invoice payments into DDA deposit account more seamlessly

Recently our finance department paid a proforma invoice - I had to chase Proquest as the payment wasn't showing in our deposit account for nearly 3 weeks? This also happened with the previous deposit invoice. Can the process be made more seamless from your side so that deposit payments made into deposit accounts show immediately?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ordering and Invoicing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Title Reports - include Date Added

It would be helpful to have the Date Added (to platform) included in the Export Field Chooser, as well as display in the html report.

Date Added is currently available as a search limiter, and displays in the record view of LibCentral.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Change passwords during the Monday - Friday work week.

This will allow library staff the opportunity to notify customers about password changes and will prevent customer frustration with being unable to access database information over the weekend and during holiday breaks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Access Permissions & System Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. To generate the reports to get the titles by the ‘disciplines’ like Arts & Humanities

Hi,

Good Morning!

We are not able to get to the discipline level when generate any of the reports. Example: Arts & Humanities. You do have fund codes, subject headings like Science, Medicine, Pharmacy etc. and LC call numbers in certain reports but we need get the titles grouped under a particular discipline.

Please add the functionality to generate the reports to get the titles by the ‘disciplines’.

Thanks!
    Have a nice day ahead!
    With best wishes
    Sunita Gandhi for Library Electronic Resources
    University of Kansas Libraries
    elecres@ku.edu

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Provide forthcoming ebook information, especially for new editions

It would be wonderful if you could provide information on when you will receive an ebook from a publisher, especially when new editions of print are available. I'm often asked this question when the title can't be located in your catalog but it is known to be available in print and the ebook is available directly with the publisher. Being able to pre-order these books would also be great. When I e-mail support with these questions, I'm often never provided with a response.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Acquisition Catalog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Request to split out Academic Complete from transactionally purchased items

We would like the ability to split out Academic Complete from transactionally purchased items.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Admin control to set the default citation style

I would like to be able to set the default citation style in ebook central as an admin.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Administration and User Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow Libraries to host ebooks they own

I wish libraries could host ebooks they own on the Ebook Central platform. Sometimes we purchase ebook files directly from publishers that don't have their own platform and it would be great if we could host them on Ebook Central. This could be a value added benefit for Academic Complete customers. Alexander Street offers free video hosting for Academic Video Online customers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make the Bookshelf function shareable across institutions

The Bookshelf function is a great function. I work in a support role for Jisc, who use ProQuest to host our collection of e-books for FE. I have created several Bookshelves to divide our collection into subject and qualification areas, and was disappointed to learn that I would not be able to share these with our members. This is disappointing because it would be a fantastic support mechanism for Jisc's librarian members in the UK. These librarians don't have the time to create these Bookshelves themselves, and therefore this great tool is not being fully utilised. I have had feedback…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base