Skip to content

Ebook Central

Welcome to the Ebook Central Forum. You are invited to help us improve LibCentral by posting, commenting and voting on ideas. ​

All we require is your name and a professional (work) email address then you are ready to submit, review and vote. Our Ebook Central Forum is open for all Ebook Central users.​

Tips:

• For customer support or to report a bug, please visit support.proquest.com
  • An idea can be deleted if you’ve submitted it and no one has voted or commented on it.​

We will read every post, although we may not be able to respond to every idea or comment submitted. This information will provide our development team with valuable input on priorities for Ebook Central improvements.​

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

247 results found

1. extend customizability

Please make more texts and messages (e.g. in the login window) customizable.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Academic Complete package creates bespoke links to topic areas within the subscription database e.g. Diversity Equality Inclusion

That the Academic Complete package creates bespoke links to topic areas within the subscription database such as the Diversity Equality Inclusion Collection title lists. Such bespoke searchable collection links could easily be copied and inserted in to Library marketing/social media communications and promotions on Awareness days such as International Women’s Day. Also collection links set up for perpetual access University funded Customized Collections such as The Self-Care Collection. This would increase visibility of the individual collection, target key audiences, increase value for money and promotes the ProQuest product across a new wider audience resulting in greatly increased usage.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion. The Ebook Central team is reviewing this idea to determine how it might fit into our future plans. We aren't able to provide a timeline for these ideas, but be sure to check back often and vote for the ideas you support in order to receive status and comment updates.

Best,

Alana DeWitt Johnson

Product Owner, Ebook Central

3. Access model option of Purchase Matches

When looking up with eisbn in Title Match and executing Purchase Matches, it would like to be able to select the access model (e.g., 1 User, 3Users).

when several books are purchased in batches, but there is an inconvenience that I have to modify all of them because I cannot select the purchase option.

I hope it will be improved.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion. The Ebook Central team is reviewing this idea to determine how it might fit into our future plans. We aren't able to provide a timeline for these ideas, but be sure to check back often and vote for the ideas you support in order to receive status and comment updates.

Best,

Alana DeWitt Johnson

4. DDA Budget Tracker

With some of our other suppliers with which we have placed deposits, we are able to monitor a live dashboard which changes in terms of the value of the remaining deposit(s) every time a payment is taken from it in relation to usage. That's what I'm hoping might be possible at some point with our ProQuest DDAs but I'm not expecting it to be made available any time soon, just providing some hopefully useful feedback.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Friendly language for number of users

The language used to describe number of users across all systems should be updated to be patron friendly. It is confusing for patrons and librarians!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Highlight on mobile

Currently, to highlight on a mobile device such as an iPad, each word has to be tapped individually. This is very time consuming and laborious. I would like to see the ability to highlight multiple words at once as is possible on a computer, for example dragging across the screen with a finger and/or mobile pencil to highlight the desired portion.

I use digital textbooks as an affordable and convenient alternative to hard copies and having them on my iPad makes them easy to access and interact with. I believe this would benefit many students as iPads continue to increase…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Best,

Alana DeWitt Johnson

7. Patrons can see when a newer edition is available

new edition
    Indiquer clairement qu'une nouvelle édition est disponible.
    Par exemple pour le titre Motivational Interviewing with Adolescents and Young Adults

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Provide automated holdings updates for EBSCO

EBC allows for automated holdings updates in OCLC Collection Manager and it would be very helpful to have the same service for EBSCO holdings management. EBC customers use different knowledge bases for discovery and partnering with EBSCO would be helpful for maintaining holdings accuracy.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Include URLs in LibCentral Title Reports

Including urls in Title Reports can help manage holdings in third-party catalogs and discovery layers. Thank you!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Icon to cancel mediated request/Auto-reply when submitting a mediated request

Currently, once a mediated request is submitted, it cannot be canceled, so it would be useful to be able to cancel it. To make it happen, it would be nice if a use receives an automatic reply when submitting a mediated request - ideally a cancel icon is included in that reply.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When Accessibility Mode has been enabled, return the user to their previous location.

Currently users are returned to an Ebook Central search page. From there they have to search for, correctly identify and re-access the book they were reading, and navigate back to the location within the book where they were when they changed their accessibility setting. For users who navigated in via their institution's Catalogue record for the book, this can be confusing and disorienting.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Include a direct link from the menu bar to the Accessibility Settings

Currently the settings are accessible via Settings > Profile. Including a direct link would reduce steps for users with disabilities.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As part of our ongoing commitment to a modern and intuitive platform, we have simplified the global navigation bar to include a direct link to the Profile. At present, these updates will only be visible on the Search Results page. However, as we progress with our updates, they will appear in additional locations throughout Ebook Central.

13. Clarify Availability messages in French - Améliorer messages de Disponibilité

The Availability message "Copy is not available for this book" is not accurately translated when using the French interface. It looks as though there are no copies available instead of "no copying allowed". I suggest the following text instead :
    “Il est impossible de copier le livre intégral”
    (instead of “Aucune copie n’est disponible pour ce livre”)

Similarly the message " Print and chapter download are not available for this book" is not accurate in French. I suggest the following :
    "Il est impossible d’imprimer ou de télécharger des chapitres individuels de ce livre"
    (instead of "Il est impossible d'imprimer…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Username Login Prompt

Include a prompt on the login page that helps a user remember that their username could actually be their email address. Too many users forget their username (especially over the summer break) and then create new accounts and are shocked when they cannot find their bookshelf. Having some kind of prompt is ideal.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow editing on title landing pages

Hello, we'd like to either be able to edit or suggest what appears on the landing page for e-books. Extraneous language about downloading e-books has been confusing, in particular when this is not required. Also, many students seem to be accessing through their phones, and we'd like to add language that explains how best to do that. I tried to attach a highlighted screen shot but it wouldn't let me. I am happy to send. Thank you so much for considering!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Persist Zoom Level

Every time when opening an Ebook (or re-load it after the session timed out once again ...) I have to adjust the zoom level to get an appropriate zoom level for my display. I use either my laptop display or an external monitor (4K). In either case the zoom level is too high, s.t. I have to zoom out first.

The following features would ease that (mild) pain:

• best: have the zoom level persisted in the browser's local storage

• good: make the zoom level a request parameter, s.t. I can have the zoom level fixed via bookmark

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Change Full Download Options

The behavior for downloads is confusing. If you download a chapter, you get a PDF document. When you are downloading the book and are offered a selection of e-Pub and PDF, no matter what you chose, you always get an .acsm file for Adobe Digital editions to retrieve the information. Students do not understand that the only thing you are choosing is how the scrolling will be: e-pub (side to side) and PDF (up and down). They are looking for a PDF document. Solution - Add descriptors? Change the choices? Change choices from e-pub & PDF to:
    - Side-to-side scrolling…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Subjects are translated to patron's preferred language in Search Results

Sujets en francais
    Après avoir exécuté une recherche, les sujets proposés sont inscrits en anglais, alors que l'interface est en français.

Ils devraient être présentés en français

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Include the DRM Allowances as columns on an exportable report

Include the DRM Allowances (40% Print, 5% Copy) as columns on an exportable report such as the Title report and/or Expenditure report.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ebook Central Upgrade Report

Create a report that can be routinely pulled in LibCentral that provides --turnaway data, unique access data, highest owned license, highest available upgrade, current price for highest available upgrade, upgrade path and Is the title included in any subscribed products. A report such as this will help with making ebook upgrade decisions in bulk on a routine basis.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base