Skip to content

ETD Admin

Welcome to the ETD Admin Forum. You are invited to help us improve ETD Admin by posting, commenting and voting on ideas.

All we require is your name and a professional (work) email address then you are ready to submit, review and vote. Our ETD Admin Forum is open for all ETD Admin users.

Tips:

• For customer support or to report a bug, please visit support.proquest.com
  • An idea can be deleted if you’ve submitted it and no one has voted or commented on it.

We will read every post, although we may not be able to respond to every idea or comment submitted. This information will provide our development team with valuable input on priorities for ETD Admin improvements.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

6 results found

1. Allow IR delivery to be restricted by publishing model

Posted on behalf of California State University Los Angeles.

As an ETD Administrator, I would like to restrict ETD IR delivery to only Open Access items. While we work to encourage open access as a default for ETDs, it makes more sense for our discovery systems to be limited in growth to open access items.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allow students to change name for delivery of copy order

Posted on behalf of Indiana University: When a student orders a bound copy, the system demands that their name be left in the top field. If the bound copy comes to my office, it works out because they simply put our address in the remaining field and we are still able to receive the bound copy without issues but this is creating a far larger problem. That mailing address is then being forwarded to the US Copyright Office for those students who place a formal copyright on their dissertation and the notification of the copyright is sent to my office,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Additional View of Copyright Permissions

As an admin user I would like the ability to see the copyright permission docs that a student uploads in the ETD details page. Currently in order to see if copyright permission docs have been uploaded, an admin needs to go to Revise PDF. To determine if copyright permissions have even been uploaded you need to do this step for every student. Once the PDF is deliver “Revise PDF” is disabled and then you are no longer able to see any of the copyright permissions a student uploaded

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow students self-service option to modify ordered copies / copyright fees

Students can currently email or call ProQuest to modify their orders (for instance if they didn't order enough copies the first time), but it would be really helpful if some type of "modify order" button could be integrated into their dashboards for two specific cases:

1. When students decide to change their copyright status, they're often frustrated they can't just go in and do this or have us do it. Since this change would be made prior to delivery at the end of the semester, allowing students to have a self-service to add or remove the copyrighting option would give them…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. ETD Author Writing Toolkit

Add support for, or integration with, an author tool that would allow me to focus on creating quality content, and worry less about formatting.

• provide base formatting templates, including customer "sanctioned" versions for my university
    • support for committed reviews of drafts
    6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Leave Feedback Icon issues on a small screen

I am currently using a laptop with a small screen, and frequently have two or more windows visible at one time. With the reduced window width, the leave feedback icon blocks part of the view of my application.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base