Skip to content

Ebook Central

Welcome to the Ebook Central Forum. You are invited to help us improve LibCentral by posting, commenting and voting on ideas. ​

All we require is your name and a professional (work) email address then you are ready to submit, review and vote. Our Ebook Central Forum is open for all Ebook Central users.​

Tips:

• For customer support or to report a bug, please visit support.proquest.com
  • An idea can be deleted if you’ve submitted it and no one has voted or commented on it.​

We will read every post, although we may not be able to respond to every idea or comment submitted. This information will provide our development team with valuable input on priorities for Ebook Central improvements.​

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

12 results found

1. Can ProQuest Consider Adobe Readers Read OutLoud as a Screen Reader to use with Content Using Adobe Digital Edition

Good Morning,

My name is Jane Bollard, and I am a TasTAFE Librarian based in Launceston, Tasmania, Australia.

I am writing to ProQuest regarding accessibility to your eBook content using AdobeDigital Editions 3.0.

A read of your HELP documentation states that JAWS and NVDA are the denoted screen readers to use in conjunction with Adobe Digital Editions 3.30.

These products were designed for blind or vision impaired users. The necessary skills to use either software might be complex for persons with a specific learning disorder where working memory is a primary symptom. For this type of cohort, a product such…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  User interface  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. put files in Bookshelf in alphabetical order

Please put files in the user's Bookshelf in alphabetical order. Presently, if the user has a long list of files in their bookshelf, they can not be put in alphabetical order. It is such a waste of time to try to find the file you're looking for when it is buried within a list of unalphabetized files.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Improve visibility for the user

To improve visibility for the user, are you able to do anything such as add a message to explain why they can’t access a title e.g. in use by someone else and advise to try later rather than “request still pending”.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  User interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Direct links to specific subscription packages

We recently added two ebook subscriptions to the DDA and owned titles we already had on Ebook Central. Several librarians have asked for direct links to the specific collections so we can send faculty/students straight there rather than everything on Ebook Central. The closest we can get currently is by sending them to the advanced search page with instructions for searching just that collection.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Enhance Show More Option in EBC Facets

When clicking on Show More under facets, we end up with tens and sometimes hundreds of options and need to scroll down and down in order to collapse the options again! Please make the options available in a better way like the options in Summon where we can select multiple options at the same time easily.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Patrons can sign up for alerts

Ability to sign up for notification when an ebook is available again, especially for one user titles.
    One user ebooks should allow users to sign up for notification when an ebook is available again on the platform. Useful tool especially for the academic institution that uses the text in the curriculum as recommended reading where we know demand is high.

180 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to announce that the Wait List feature is now available for libraries to enable in LibCentral. Once the feature is enabled, patrons are able to sign up for alerts to be notified when books become available. 

You can find more information about how to enable and use the feature in this Support Article: Ebook Central Admin: How do I enable the Wait List for my Ebook Central titles?

Thank you all for your valuable feedback and insights that helped us make this feature intuitive and user-friendly.

7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  rayna.stowe responded

DRM free search filters are already available on both Ebook Central and LibCentral.

8. Add clear 'x' or delete all 'x' in the search box

A delete all 'X' in the search box would allow users who input the name of a book or several search terms to more quickly delete all text.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Patrons are notified when their 5 minute browse expires; Patrons are notified when a book is available

Over-the-license-limit-ebook access
    ProQuest allows patrons to use an e-book with limited licenses to have 5 minutes of access even if no license is available. I would suggest that such users get a notification that they have "limited" access to the book and a count-down click to show them the remaining access. If a license becomes available during those 5 minutes, a pop-up window can appear to inform them that they now have full access. If the five minutes are up, the patron should have the option to enter an e-mail or cell phone number to receive notification when a license…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to announce that the Wait List feature is now available for libraries to enable in LibCentral. Once the feature is enabled, patrons are able to sign up for alerts to be notified when books become available.

You can find more information about how to enable and use the feature in this Support Article: Ebook Central Admin: How do I enable the Wait List for my Ebook Central titles?

Thank you all for your valuable feedback and insights that helped us make this feature intuitive and user-friendly.

10. Keeping the search string in the search box until done, with a 'clear search' option

Keep the wording of a search in the search box for ease of editing and reminding oneself of the search. Also suggest a 'Clear search' button for when done.

Alternatively, make the 'Edit search' option bigger, clearer and easier to find. It took me a while to even notice it was there, I had to keep typing out my searches again and again.

Thanks.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Book viewing

I would like to be able to view multiple pages at once, either by side by side or in a quad box.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  rayna.stowe responded

Our new ebook reader, launched in September 2019, allows side/side page viewing within the reader.

12. More granular zoom settings in reader

The default zoom in the reader is too large, but when zooming out just once, it becomes too small. It would be nice to have more granular zoom settings (or to be able to select a percentage or from a slider?).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  User interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base