Skip to content

Ebook Central

Welcome to the Ebook Central Forum. You are invited to help us improve LibCentral by posting, commenting and voting on ideas. ​

All we require is your name and a professional (work) email address then you are ready to submit, review and vote. Our Ebook Central Forum is open for all Ebook Central users.​

Tips:

• For customer support or to report a bug, please visit support.proquest.com
  • An idea can be deleted if you’ve submitted it and no one has voted or commented on it.​

We will read every post, although we may not be able to respond to every idea or comment submitted. This information will provide our development team with valuable input on priorities for Ebook Central improvements.​

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

28 results found

1. Add access permission to Expenditure and Usage Report

For tracking costs (of user groups defined by access permissions sets) a additional column of the user access permission in the reports (exports) would be helpful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allow Title Reports to merge across multiple consortial holdings

We have books we've DDAd and own directly. In addition we have two different consortia that we have owned/subscribed books through. I want to be able to generate a single report (and choose the columns myself) that merges ALL of our institutional "holdings" - owned, subscribed, DDA, ATO. Right now I have to download all of them separately and then merge them myself, and since the subscribed is huge (and I can't pick the columns so I get them all), it is unwieldy to work with in Excel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I'd like to analyze usage by series-titles, as well as individual titles and publishers.

Currently I have no way of determining which series are most used by users without looking title by title. I'd like a quicker and easier way of determining which series have gained and lost usage year by year - so as to identify which series titles should be acquired or left out of selective purchasing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. allow for more attributes to be passed in reports

there are more elements that can be extracted from the info our users pass you to authenticate that could be added to reports, for example role (undergrad, grad, faculty, staff) or school (Medicine, Engineering, Business, etc.).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Improve COUNTER 4 and COUNTER 5 Reports

ALL COUNTER 4 and 5 Reports
    Please find a way to alphabetize the titles in all COUNTER 4 and 5 reports properly so that initial articles are ignored (e.g., a, the). For example, A Practical Approach to Cardiovascular Medicine should sort under P rather than A and The Craft of Scientific Presentations : Critical Steps to Succeed and Critical Errors to Avoid should sort under C rather than T.

COUNTER 5 Reports
    The COUNTER 5 TR-B1 Report lists titles in an apparently random order as the default. Please change the default to alphabetical order.

The COUNTER 5 TR_B1 Report doesn’t…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. request to add Full Download detail information to Title Report

Please add Full Download detail information on the Title Report and title list (via Dashbord).

Title list has an 'EPUB Full Download Only' column but we need a detail Full Download information exactly you listed on LibCentral Full Record. Please refer to the attached screenshot. Also please add 'Full Download information' to Title Report under the 'Availability' section.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. To generate the reports to get the titles by the ‘disciplines’ like Arts & Humanities

Hi,

Good Morning!

We are not able to get to the discipline level when generate any of the reports. Example: Arts & Humanities. You do have fund codes, subject headings like Science, Medicine, Pharmacy etc. and LC call numbers in certain reports but we need get the titles grouped under a particular discipline.

Please add the functionality to generate the reports to get the titles by the ‘disciplines’.

Thanks!
    Have a nice day ahead!
    With best wishes
    Sunita Gandhi for Library Electronic Resources
    University of Kansas Libraries
    elecres@ku.edu

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Develop a possibility to get necessary usage data automatically through REST API.

We would like to reduce a manual work of downloading usage data every week for our internal reporting system Tableau. So we suggest developing API (or even xAPI) service for getting data automatically.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?