Skip to content

PQDT Global

Welcome to the PQDT Global Forum. You are invited to help us improve ProQuest Dissertations and Theses by posting, commenting and voting on ideas.

All we require is your name and a professional (work) email address then you are ready to submit, review and vote. Our PQDT Global forum is open for all PQDT Global users.

Tips:

• For customer support or to report a bug, please visit support.proquest.com
  • An idea can be deleted if you’ve submitted it and no one has voted or commented on it.

We will read every post, although we may not be able to respond to every idea or comment submitted. This information will provide our development team with valuable input on priorities for PQDT Global improvements.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

5 results found

1. PQDT Global "impact factor" type metric to evaluate subscription decisions

As a collections librarian, I would like to be able to have an "impact factor" like metric for PQDT Global as a way to see the value of this collection to my library. This metric would be some indicator of the usage and citations of PQDT Global dissertations and theses.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Ability to build a custom PQDT topic-based collection

As a small school with a limited budget, I would like to be able to select a set of topics to include in a PQDT collection. I would be able to select from a menu of topics to include in this collection, and pay for the number of titles I add to the collection. PQDT 5.1M records is awesome, but puts it out of reach for a smaller school.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Create a summary of a dissertation or thesis for quick review

Dissertations and theses can be very large and complex documents. I would like to be able to view a summary of the document that allows me to quickly review the research without having to read the entire thing. Abstracts are very short and aren't useful for digging into particular aspects of the research. A list of figures, tables is one option. Perhaps a "cliff's notes" kind of summary for each chapter?

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Data use for research

PQDT has a huge library of dissertations and theses with rich metadata. As a graduate student, I would like to be able to use this data in my research projects, in particular for a text and data mining project. It would be helpful to have a way to search and extract metadata for research purposes.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Internationalization of Content and Tools

English is often not the first language of users of PQDT. Please consider expanding support for localization of content, metadata, supporting materials.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base