Skip to content

ETD Admin

Welcome to the ETD Admin Forum. You are invited to help us improve ETD Admin by posting, commenting and voting on ideas.

All we require is your name and a professional (work) email address then you are ready to submit, review and vote. Our ETD Admin Forum is open for all ETD Admin users.

Tips:

• For customer support or to report a bug, please visit support.proquest.com
  • An idea can be deleted if you’ve submitted it and no one has voted or commented on it.

We will read every post, although we may not be able to respond to every idea or comment submitted. This information will provide our development team with valuable input on priorities for ETD Admin improvements.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

26 results found

1. Add field to indicate committee member role

Add an additional field to the Advisor/Supervisor/Committee Chair and Committee Members forms to indicate the exact role of each Committee Member

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Create a Student Checklist

In addition to the checklist that admins use, it would be nice for the admin to be able to create a student checklist that the student must check off before a thesis/dissertation can be submitted for review.

For example, our students must have included a signed title page in the manuscript, or they must have included a signed/dated institutional library release, etc. This “actionable” checklist can be a part of submission requirements that must be checked off by the student before the student is allowed to submit the manuscript for review. This will cut down on a lot of “decision”…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow Checklist to be Viewed by Students

Currently, there is a “View Checklist”, which is only visible by an admin. I have to complete this checklist before I can “Accept” a dissertation for publishing. It would be nice to have this checklist also student-facing. The student shouldn’t be able to make edits, but should be visible for viewing purposes, so they can see what information I need and what has been collected (or completed) so far. If institutions do not want the students to see their internal checklist, they should have the option (under “Manage Site”) to simply turn it off.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Requests to add Additional Subject Categories

Requests that “Leadership Studies” be added to the Subject Headings list under Business or Social Sciences

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Customize embargo reasons in drop-down menu

As an ETD administrator for my institution I would like to be able to create embargo reasons for my IR that align with the standard reasons we recognize at our institution. In the dropdown "reasons" menu, it would be useful to be able to customize this list of reasons.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base