Skip to content

OASIS

Welcome to the OASIS Forum. You are invited to help us improve OASIS by posting, commenting and voting on ideas. ​

All we require is your name and a professional (work) email address then you are ready to submit, review and vote. Our OASIS Forum is open for all OASIS users.​

Tips:

• For customer support or to report a bug, please visit support.proquest.com
  • An idea can be deleted if you’ve submitted it and no one has voted or commented on it.​

We will read every post, although we may not be able to respond to every idea or comment submitted. This information will provide our development team with valuable input on priorities for OASIS improvements.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

20 results found

1. Reinstate blank order form

Enable libraries to add publication information if an item is not listed on Oasis. This facility was removed during the last upgrade. At the moment we have to contact Customer Services to get this information added.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Limit search results by status

The new Oasis interface lacks limits or facets to facilitate searching. For instance, we need to have the ability to limit search results by status to eliminate those that have a status of "in library holdings" or have another status.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Order print and ebook at the same time

We often order a print book and an ebook at the same time to suit different students' requirements, but OASIS currently requires us to add them to the cart separately and add order info for each of them. It would be helpful if we could select both formats in the cart.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Form on Oasis to request titles as ebooks

Would like there to be a form on Oasis for colleagues who want to know if we can get a print title in ebook format. Or to suggest a collaboration between a small publisher and EBC so we can access their ebooks on the platform rather than self-hosting a PDF. We would also like a way to be able to view what's been requested and any progress in the process.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Creating an ILLiad Add-on for OASIS (similar to the one created for GOBI)

our ILL team has asked for an add-on for OASIS, just like they have one for GOBI.

Would it be possible for the OASIS/ProQuest team to create an add-on to use with ILLiad?

Here’s the link to the main page explaining how to create and submit add-ons:
    https://atlas-sys.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ILLiadAddons/pages/3149447/Submitting+Addons

What they suggest in the following link is to use an already created add-on and build on it. Since the add-on for GOBI already exists, the easiest would be for ProQuest to copy that add-on but use OASIS features instead of GOBI features. On the left-hand side of the page, you will…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow searches across items Sent to Ratifier

To help me more easily track what I've selected, I keep folders for these items, but it would be nice if instead of that extra step, I could easily search across those items I've sent to our Ratifier.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When a selector is ordering a title that duplicates a title already held, add a popup or alert

Our selectors sometimes don't check to see if a title is already held before placing an order. Having an alert or popup that warns someone about placing an order for a duplicate item would help us manage duplication.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. ability to select multiple subject classification ranges

I would like to add multiple classifications into one search (see screenshot). But it seems like if I add one, then click on "select classification" it just erases the previous selection.

For example, I'd like to make multiple selections for an ongoing project. (Sort of like I can make multiple selections for Readership Level.)

For this project, I need to keep up with new books in many related LC subjects:
    T174
    TL581
    TL790
    TL794 (for the TLs, a range would be okay)
    HD9711
    QB500
    KNQ3469

Is this possible? If so, how do I do that? I know I can create…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Automatically populate order info fields depending on format

If a selector picks an ebook, we would like certain order info fields populated in the same way, e.g. Location: Online Resources; Loan Type Reference; and Sequence: Electronic Books. Most print books are also treated the same way, e.g. Location: University Library, so it would be helpful if these fields could be populated automatically. This would reduce work for selectors and reduce user errors and subsequent queries for ProQuest and for Library Procurement staff, e.g. when a selector picks an ebook and says it is for 4 week loan.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Report an error suggestion

When we come across entries that have obviously incorrect information, such as a description of a different product, it would be easier and faster to have a button or link to report that directly on the entry rather than having to transfer identifying information about the product to the generic feedback form.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hot link author names so a new author search can be conducted with one click

Author names in records could be hot linked so that a new author search could be conducted with one click.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Option to exclude self-published titles from search

There should be an easy way (such as a checkbox) to exclude self-published titles from all searches. We are generally not interested in self-published works, but they often dominate our search results. At the very least, we should be able to exclude certain publishers by default (such as the largest self-publishing imprints, CreateSpace, AuthorHouse, Lulu.com, Nobel Press, etc.). This can currently be done by filtering search results, but it’s not at all practical because it has to be done with every single search, for each individual self-publishing imprint.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Option to set default Advanced Search parameters that stick

The Advanced Search screen should allow you to set default basic search parameters that stay in place as long as you want them to, even after you log out and log back in. I never want to search for ebooks, yet I have to choose "paperback" and "hardcover" for every search in order to avoid them. It would be great if each user could set defaults for binding format, language, price range, currency, publication dates, publishers to exclude, etc., that would stay in effect for every search until they decide to change it.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Share lists between librarians

We would like to be able to work cooperatively on shared lists within our library.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Provide brief background information about publishers

It would be great if there was an easy way to get some background information about a publisher, such as a link to a brief description. Often the publishers are not familiar to us, and it can be difficult to discern self-publishing houses and children’s publishers from the rest without leaving OASIS to do a general Internet search.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Create a 'date created' field to the My Lists page for sorting

It would be useful to have a 'date created' (or 'date modified') field in the My Lists page, so that it can be sorted by most recent list. Alphabetical order does not help to identify new/old lists that could then be deleted.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add a notes field for Lists

Add a personal or internal notes field for various LIST (rather than titles) so one can keep notes on the purposes / development of the list and continue building the list weeks later, knowing where you left off, etc.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add search limits for price and currency

Currently the only way to limit by price or currency is to filter your results after every single search. It would be much more efficient to set your price limits and currency upfront and have them stick through all of your searches. It is quite common for our selectors to accidentally choose items in foreign currencies when there are domestic editions available. Often these foreign titles are difficult or impossible to obtain, and/or take longer to arrive. If we could limit all searches to US dollars we could avoid this problem.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add option for "fuzzy" title search when there is no exact match

When there is no exact match in a title search, it would be helpful if instead of bringing back “No results found”, the system reverted to a fuzzier search and brought back similar results. Something like, “No exact results for your search, but here are some similar titles…”

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Sort on date and time that a record is added to my selection list

Currently, it seems we can sort or limit by date, but not time added. When working on long lists it is handy to be able to see what was most recently added.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base